Sunday, August 29, 2010

New Home, Sweet Home

So! The end has arrived, as has the beginning.

The end being, of course, Aspen Grove. Quick note on that: Thank goodness. And, sad day. In other words, it's bittersweet. Very much so! I am going to miss those beautiful mountains, as well as the beautiful people. But, it was time to go, and I'm happy to start a new life.

And, drumroll please... I've moved into my new apartment! It's beautiful, and I love it. The walls are all painted with friendly colors and it's got a great feel to it. I've met all but one of my new roommates (I did potluck, so I didn't now any of them), and they're all super great! I think we're going to have a really fun year together.

Last night I went swing dancing with one of my roommates, Amanda. We went to a dance that was hosted by the BYU Swing Kids, and it was so fun! I learned how to Lindy Hop and how to do the Charleston with a partner. Usually it takes me a long time to understand dance moves, but I picked it up pretty quickly. A couple guys told me I was a good "follower", so that was nice to hear! Especially since there's no way I'd be doing my own unique dance moves- duh, whatever they're doing, I'm "following" (aka, copying so that I don't look stupid!) Although, I finally had to just decide that I didn't care what I looked like and just had fun with it, and it totally made all the difference. I seriously had such a fun time, and it inspired me to want to take a tap class! So I signed up for one, and I'll be taking it in this semester.

School starts tomorrow, and I'm a little bit nervous, but mostly I'm just excited. I cannot wait to go to my classes and to start this semester! I'm so psyched.

Anyway, that's it for now. Obviously, there will be more to post in the upcoming week.

:) Something tells me that this year is going to be great!

No comments:

Post a Comment