Tuesday, August 17, 2010

One of those off days...

Ah. So, just to preface this, my friend Kara has inspired me to write more regularly in my blog. Usually I only write when I have something noteworthy to report, but she blogs all the time about just regular every day things, so I think I'm going to try to do that a little bit more. :)

That being said, today was... interesting. It was just one of those off days, you know? The kind of days where it seems like nothing is going right. So I start work at 2:15, which is always nice. But it was weird, cause I woke up pretty early, when I usually sleep in. I got up, went to breakfast and then I came back and went back to bed. So I go to work and I get my schedule for the last week of work.. and I'm working really long days, so that was kind of a bummer. Plus, I'm stressing about setting up interviews for jobs on campus cause it's a little difficult to get a ride down into Provo. So I've got tons of stuff on my mind.

Then the store is really busy- not like huge long line busy, but just a constant flow of people busy, and I'm just exhausted by the end of it. Then I go to sanitize the ice cream machine, cause it's Tuesday and that's what we do on Tuesday. I go to pour the sanitizer in and spill it on myself... typical me. Then after I'm done sanitizing and everything, I go to pour the new soft serve in and I look in the fridge and it is EMPTY. So basically... no soft serve ice cream! Which is a pain.

So I know it doesn't sound like a lot, and it wasn't like the WORST day I've ever had, but it was definitely more challenging, and I was not in a very happy mood. Luckily, during Frontier Night, there was hardly anybody in the store.... so I let myself sing louder than usual :) And that always puts me in a better mood. When I lose myself in singing, I just kind of let all my troubles go away.

Then I read a little bit of Princess Bride, and I was happy. Plus I had lots of fun working with my friends, so it was pretty great. We totally danced while we worked and it was legit. Except I can't dance very good, so I was in more of a dance-appreciation viewpoint. But it's all good.

Anyways. I was glad that my day turned around by the end, but in the middle of it... man, I was struggling. Tomorrow is going to be amazing though! I can just feel it. At least, I'm hoping for the best.

So here's something to end my blog on a good note... new song that I'm obsessed with. It's called Just The Way You Are by Bruno Mars:

No comments:

Post a Comment