Thursday, May 27, 2010

Wonderful World :)

I just can't get over what an incredible month this has been! I have seriously had such an incredible time up here. I have literally never had such a fun time with such fun people.

It's been so nice getting to know different people, and getting to do different types of work. This last week the whole entire staff came up and we've been doing training. There are SO many more people up here than there was for most of the month of May. I have to admit that it's really crowded and definitely an adjustment.

I love that now I'm getting to work in the store more regularly, because that's what I'm going to be doing all summer. I got to meet the girls that I'll be working in the store with and they're so great! I'm really looking forward to it.

Oh! So funny story. This past Saturday, I had to work in the store. The day started with a bit of a hitch- I was supposed to be at the store at 8:45- my alarm did not go off and I woke up at 8:41. I grabbed my shoes, threw on a shirt, brushed my teeth at the speed of light and sprinted out the door. But as soon as I opened the door, much to my surprise, I was greeted by SNOW! I threw on a sweatshirt, put on my shoes and literally sprinted to the store, getting there at exactly 8:45.

Then, the day got even better. A Youth Conference was in camp, and they were doing an Amazing Race activity. They asked me to be one of the people that gave out the clues, and they gave me this ridiculous looking hat that I had to wear all morning. (See picture below)


Anyways. It was pretty fun. I really enjoyed it!

Then this last week has been really nice. We've been doing some general staff training as well as some individual training. For example, yesterday, my job consisted of making shakes and eating them, then learning about my personality from a personality test that I took. (It was actually really interesting- It's called Persogenics, I think? Anyways. I definitely learned a lot about myself.)

Just to sum up, I love it up here. It's so gorgeous and I'm having such a good time. I couldn't be happier! :)

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad your having fun! I'm also jealous about the snow. It is hotter than heck here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you're happy. I miss you lots.

    ReplyDelete