Thursday, May 6, 2010

It's a New Job, It's a New Life.... for 4 months :)

Wow, what a whirlwind these past few days have been. First of all, quick little recap: 

I went to Texas for two weeks and it was absolutely wonderful. It was so great to be home and to spend time with my family and friends. I loved seeing everybody at church and I loved, loved LOVED eating at all of my favorite restaurants. (aka Rudy's, Hills, Sandy's, etc.) It was a well needed and well enjoyed vacation.

On Tuesday, I started work at Aspen Grove! And what a new experience that was. I'm a part of the May crew, which means that we work getting the camp ready before the beginning of June when all the campers come. Basically, it's a TON of cleaning, and at the end of the day I am absolutely exhausted. It's an 8-5 manual labor job, at least for this month. My body is slowly but surely adjusting, lucky for me. 

Today was especially exciting because I finally got to start working in the store, which is where I'm going to be working full-time come June. I can't wait for that, because then I get to interact with a ton of people.

Anyways, to sum up, I think it's going to be a really fun summer. Of course it's going to be hard work, but if it was easy, they wouldn't call it work, would they? More updates to come soon!




No comments:

Post a Comment