Thursday, March 24, 2011

Jimmer, Thanks for the Memories

March Madness. To be honest, before this year I never really understood what it was. I had never experienced it, didn't really care about basketball.

But then, something wonderful happened. It was magic. It was Jimmer.

All of a sudden, I found myself caring! I read article after article, went to games at the Marriott Center, tweeted and updated my Facebook status. Heck, the boy has been the background on my phone for at least a month now. I have never, in my entire life, followed a sport with such vigor and anticipation before.

And what a ride it has been! I feel like I've been a part of history, to be a student at BYU in this time of unforgettable craziness. Jimmermania, the Jimmerisms, the obsessive mentality that buzzes all around campus, I've seen it! I've participated in it. This man, this legend... I walk the same campus as he does. I share the same values as he does. I SIGNED THE SAME HONOR CODE HE DID.

Jimmer brought this school together. That team brought this school together. Such incredible talent, with such incredible humility! Our BYU Cougars have done us proud this season. I feel so blessed to have been able to enjoy the ride.

There are countless videos and pictures I could put up, but this one says it all.

Their pain is our pain, but at the end of the day...

We rise. And we shout.



We are BYU.

No comments:

Post a Comment