Thursday, December 23, 2010

bloggity blog?

My mama calls this my "bloggity blog". Sadly, I've been neglecting it, and so I have a LOT of catch up to do. Let me just post some highlights here:

I've been to a couple concerts in the past few months:

Iyaz/Jason Derulo/ Auburn/ B.o.B.- I went with my friends Kyle and Heidi.



I also went and saw Sarah Bareilles (see my Facebook for videos) and she was INCREDIBLE! It was so amazing. I love music! :)

Let's see. I've just been crazy busy with school and work and just everything. Oh yeah! I ended up driving home and surprising my mom for Thanksgiving! My friend Jess came with me and we had SO much fun! Plus I was able to be here for my friend Jackie's baptism, and it was just a really great trip.

me and jess :)

with jackie at her baptism!

It was seriously so much fun! When I got back to Provo, I was part of the BYU A Cappella Jam, which featured several a cappella groups on campus, including the club choir of which I am a part! It was really cool cause we just totally rocked it and it felt great! (See Facebook for video! :) )

And now I'm back at home for the Christmas break. Finals went well, and I'm so relieved to have a break!

And now, a little exploration into the subject of Disney Channel Movies.

Now, I will unabashedly admit that I am a Disney Channel fan, despite the fact that more and more of their stars turn into slutty drug addicts... but that's another story. I will tell you up front that I do, in fact, enjoy Hannah Montana and Wizards of Waverley Place, not to mention the old school ones, like Lizzie McGuire and That's So Raven. I love these shows.

But lately, thanks to my handy-dandy Netflix account (courtesy of my grandparents), I've been able to watch more and more of the Disney Channel movies. Oh, I've watched them in the past, and yes, there was always a bit of cheese (HELLO, High School Musical??!) but for some reason, I still find myself watching them! And for some reason, I can't for the life of me figure out why.

Literally, (and I counted), the movie that I just finished watching (give you one hint: whiny boy band and dyed-her-hair-so-ugly-it-matches-her-whiny-voice star meet up for another summer of fun! oh boy!) was almost unbearable. I think that I must have slapped my  hand to my head and rolled my eyes at least 15 times... and that is not in any way, shape or form an exaggeration. Seriously. I had so many moments where I was just like, "Really? They really just used that line?" Or in some cases, "They really couldn't afford a screen writer?" 

Not only are the lines bad, but the acting itself-- oh my goodness! I mean, come on. Last night I watched Avalon High, cause I've always kind of been a fan of King Arthur. I kept watching, waiting for it to get better but it never did! I guess for Avalon High, I have no excuse. I should have just turned it off, but they had a super weak romance line going through and I wanted to see if they ended up together (not that I ever doubted, but the romantic in me made me hold out...)

But as for Camp Rock 2-- oops, did I ruin the surprise for you?-- well, I think I figured it out. Because for as many times I slapped my head and rolled my eyes and asked myself for the millionth time, "WHY ARE YOU STILL WATCHING THIS??!" there was that one song where I couldn't stop smiling, and I had that classic Disney moment. In this case, I think there were actually two songs that I really liked! Because cheesy though these movies may be, they're like thrift stores. You kind of have to endure/sort through the bad stuff to find those little gems that are hidden. And maybe you have to put hand sanitizer on your hands afterwards and maybe you feel like you've wasted an hour and a half of your life, and hey- maybe you have. But somehow those little moments make up for it, and you feel somewhat vindicated. 

Plus, when they've got eyes and voices like this-- I mean, you can't really complain THAT much :) And since it won't let me embed it, you're just going to have to follow the link to see what I'm talking about. 


And then there's this one, which kind of infuriated me, but I liked the lyrics so much that it kind of made up for it. I mean really, who just goes and picks up the guitar like that? And the song counteracts how they're treating each other. It's just a little bit ridiculous. But here it is:


I guess my point is that sometimes it's worth it to put up with the crap acting and cheesy lines if sometimes you can hear songs like that... although I'd rather someone had just showed them to me. And even though their voices annoy me (except for Nick... he could sing to me ANY day, and that'd be just fine), I am a musician and I appreciate good melodies and lyrics and the romantic in me eats up the cute moments, and of course I'd die if any boy ever wrote me a song so cute as the one Nick did. I'm just sayin'.

Anyways, I kind of felt like I needed to get this out there if only so I would feel vindicated in my own mind for completely wasting a good chunk of my day today on the Jonas Brothers and Demi Lovato... 

That said, MERRY CHRISTMAS! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment