Thursday, July 1, 2010

Pumpin' Vitamin C

So it seems that tragedy has befallen Aspen Grove, in the form of the flu. Apparently, one of the campers brought in the sickness with them and now it has circulated to a very large number of our staff. Luckily, (knock on wood) I haven't gotten it yet. It's so horrible though, seeing everyone feel so gross! I feel so bad for them. My plan is to drink a lot of orange juice and eat oranges and blueberries. Yes, I know that blueberries, or "blueburries" as I like to call them, don't have Vitamin C in them. However, I got them on sale from Walmart for $2 each and they are my favorite fruit. Plus I feel healthier when I eat them. So there. :) Anyways, so I'm just hoping and praying that I do not catch this horrible bug that is going around.

Yesterday, we had some minor thunderstorms and the power went out! That was sure fun. Luckily, the store had some generators so we were able to keep operating until the power came back on for real.

Nothing else too huge going on. I did yoga the other night again, which was perfectly lovely. Oh! And I went down into Provo and finally got my direct deposit set up, thank goodness. While there, I visited Walmart and picked up my yummy blueburries and I got a cute dress for $12. (I seriously think I'm addicted to buying dresses...)

Anyways, tonight's the last night of camp for this week, so the store will be crazy, as always. But it'll be fun, I'm sure. The weeks are seriously blending and I feel like the summer is rushing by. It's seriously July 1st? When did that happen? How did that happen?? It's utter craziness, if you ask me. I guess this next week is the 4th of July celebration-type thing, but I don't think that fireworks are allowed in Utah, and certainly not up in the mountains, so it might be a fireworks-less 4th for me. :( Oh well. I'm totally jealous though, because Mom and Mike are in New Jersey visiting Grandma Helena and Grandpa Jim and they will be participating in Grandma's annual 4th of July Party. (It's epic.) SO jealous. Beyond words, actually. But it's okay. I know I'm where I'm supposed to be and I guess that's all that matters.

Have a great day! :)

1 comment:

  1. You're so positive and happy. You brighten my day. I love and miss you. I'm not saying that like a person who passes you on campus and says ''how are you'' and walks away before you can answer. I mean it. I care and I miss you. I'm glad you're happy:D

    ReplyDelete