Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Top 3 Refreshing Things That Make Me Smile


1: Fall... in Utah.

I simply cannot believe how incredibly beautiful the mountains are during Fall in Utah. There are so many amazing, beautiful colors. What's even more of a miracle is the fact that it feels like summer still! The sun is out most of the time and there's a light, gentle breeze, and when I drive, I can roll the windows down and turn the music up. For October in Utah, that ain't bad.

2: Solid boys

I don't know what it is, but I seem to be encountering lots of amazing guys lately. (I should mention that most of these guys are 18 or so... just to be clear, I'm not creepin' or saying I want one. Just appreciating, that's all). There is something so REFRESHING about meeting boys who:
  1. Aren't afraid of hard work
  2. Know how to treat women (with respect)
  3. Have good attitudes
  4. Are genuinely nice
I've had the extreme pleasure of meeting boys like this recently, and I am amazed at who they are. I so very much appreciate a guy who isn't afraid to smile, who knows how to lead, who have a general energy of positivity. It's just nice to have such good examples around me.

3: Good Family Values... A Blast From the Past

So, random, I know, but lately I've been watching old episodes of "Boy Meets World." There are so many things I love about this show! Besides the awesome dialogue, there are some seriously awesome role models family-wise. The dad is a GREAT father and husband and puts his family first. He cares about spending quality time with his family. The father and mother have a good relationship, and the siblings all care about each other. I compare this show with the kinds of shows that are on TV today, which feature as a majority only dysfunctional families, or broken families, and it breaks my heart a little! What happened to TV shows that actually encourage good families? Families that stay together, that love each other and want to spend time with each other? It makes me worried for the next generation who are growing up on these shows where everybody's getting pregnant or divorced or ________ (fill in the blank.. it's always something).

It's just nice to look back at the past and see a healthy, happy family... even if they are fictional. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment